« Talked with Doc Hammond this week and found out some wild stuff | The Final Post »

Standard Insurance Company killed this site!!
November 21st, 2008 by Chris

As of tonight I received a letter from them stating all my progress over the last 9 months at JH has cost me my disability.  They now say I am better and can go back to work.

I now get to fight with them with a team of my doctors to prove to them I am still disabled.  I am sorry but if anything good happens to me you will never hear another word.

Please feel free to let Nicole Wolf at the Standard Insurance company just how great they are.

Thanks to everyone but this site is now dead.

6 Responses to “Standard Insurance Company killed this site!!”
  1. Chris S. Says:
    November 22nd, 2008 at 5:47 pm

well dude its been a great source of info for me during the treatment. You may want to try SSDI. They have a new fast track if you have a rare but disabling disorder.

PO.

Chris S….

2. Ally Says:
    November 22nd, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Sorry you have having issues with the insurance companines. but if this treatment cured you, wouldnt you be able to go back to work?

I understand you arent back to 100% and may never be. but I do work with a man who has MS and uses a cane on some days, others he uses a wheelchair. So I think as far as the insurance company is concerned, I can see where they are coming from.

Anyway, good luck to you and I hope this treatment proves to be what you hoped it would be and more.

3. Sky Says:
    November 23rd, 2008 at 7:48 am

Hey man, I agree with the other Chris you should try SSDI. That was the route I took when I got disabled and was approved. Also it might not even be this site. Insurance companies can request an update of your records at anytime. If JH saw improvements in your followups most likely they would have found out from them. Anyways I wish you the best with whatever happens. Thanks for updating us for as long as you did.

–Sky–

4. Anna Says:
    December 2nd, 2008 at 4:22 pm

I’m a MG patient keeping up with you. I’m so glad you are still making strides and doing well! It gives me hope and many others.

I am curious as to why you don’t want to go back to work – at least part time. I’m glad to be able to work these days, as well as do many other things!

Good luck, man.

5. Chris Says:
    December 2nd, 2008 at 4:29 pm

I had planned on it hopefully to some capacity at the end of next summer. I had a grip of nerve damage.

Unfortunately I have reactivated and now will be going back to JH to be retreated eventually.

I still feel as good as I did, and I am still working at it, but no doctors, PT specialists, OT’s or Disability testers I know could believe it. ( The insurance company part ) I’m not ready for work. They did no testing they just said “You are done.”

I’ll be getting it back, it’s just more of a hassle I didn’t need. They could have asked for all the records and any test they wanted. The sent me a letter telling me I was not going to get a dime 2 days before my mortgage payment was due and 5 days before Thanksgiving.

Do you work for them? Good grief.

I wish I was able to work. Honestly, if you think I enjoy being disabled your an idiot.

6. Ally Says:
    December 3rd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Hi Chris

i am so sorry to hear you reactivated and I have heard other have as well. I feel so shattered, this treatment was something I thought that could help us. Going back for more chemo, you are very brave, I just think it’s not a good idea.

Anything that sounds too good to be true, usually is. my mom told me that when I was little and it’s always held true. Now having this effed up disease we all need something too good to be true. I honestly dont think I can live like this for the rest of my life. It’s like having a prison sentence and being tortured. it totally sucks!

Anyway god speed to you chris.. keep fighting! We’re all here for you.