« Hockey, my immune system, and my wife | OK I am better and I should be!! »

What a crazy life…and thank you all…I mean it really!
October 20th, 2008 by Chris

First of all I can’t believe what happened over the weekend.  I checked the stats and I am absolutely astonished to see that I hit 1 million hits on my site for this year.

I truly hope I have inspired many of you.  I received an email from someone in Belgium ready to hop on a plane tomorrow and he says it’s because of me.  I hear all the time how I am courageous and a champion for medicine.  I admit I was scared and did something that made sense.  I will never admit to any other tag than motivated and scared.

I also say to you who prefer to sit on the fence and watch and want to see me fail….thbbbbbbbbbbbbbppppppppppppppttttttttttttttt!!!!  I get better everyday and you are my motivation.  There is a mother hen on one forum and a flying witch on another I speak of mostly on the internet…but a couple of folks who actually know me feel this way too.  I thrive on the adversity…it gives me more of a reason to walk when I am tired, stretch when I am sore, or to do one more push up when I am weak.

In the last 2 weeks I am now 4k poorer because I had a cat get bladder crystals and stones and needed PU surgery.  I have had a million things happen to me at once and it finally dawned on me…I need a break.

So no offense folks, I’m becoming really limited website wise over the next month I think.  We will see how it goes but in all honesty I feel like if a kid died in Africa I would feel his parents grief right now.  I have read sooooo many bad stories of MS grief and tragedy and in all honestly some folks can’t get better and it drives me nuts.  I may be having a touch of survivors guilt.

It’s all good folks if you still want to email me and such, just gimme a bit to get back.   Thanks for everything folks really!!  I just gotta take a step back for a bit…it could be next week or next month when I get back but Chenell will say something still.

Here is something good to look at that should make you all smile…

8 Responses to “What a crazy life…and thank you all…I mean it really!”
  1. chris Says:
    October 20th, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Hi there Chris, chris here from Blighty, I cant believe that anyone would wish ill of another with this crappy illness, I did follow some of your stuff although I never get involved with blogs etc, life is too short and time is something not to be wasted, wondered if this is something that is likely to be recommended for those who are not so badly affected at the moment, and whether after having this treatment all the the ill’s one has had in ones lifetime then become a problem, for examples I guess you would be susceptible to chilhood diseases etc as your body doesnt recognize these ilness’s anymore? Just a question… Anyhow, good luck for your future improving health, from a fellow sufferer in Blighty..

2. Chris Says:
    October 20th, 2008 at 2:47 pm

I could get something I am not vaccinated against but the simple fact the rest of the population is already vaccinated for it means I am what is called “vaccinated by population”

As far as for getting sick – my friend was sick and I brought it home to my wife but I myself was never sick. The immune system is only abnormal around 2-3 weeks immediately after treatment.

3. Mister D Says:
    October 20th, 2008 at 4:08 pm

hi Chris, first time i readed something from you i feel fine, but i am much more better when i read you again everytime. i am a spanish guy, you know we are a litle crazy:P Since Febrey 2007 i meeted a girl special in a videochat call camfrog. When 6 months later she told me she has MS and feel in a prision because not feel strong enough to left her husband, since that day i read all days news of MS in internet. That girl i told you is italian, now she is with tysabry, i hope she can get Revimmune in future, and if i could do something that let she get into the clinical trials..i could pay all the travel and hospital that she need, but i think clinical trials from revimune are only for USA people…sorry for me english, but since febrery i only study italian. good luck, i like how you are and how you do.

4. Lucas Says:
    October 21st, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Hey Chris. This is in answer to the two Europeans who posted- It is entirely possible to persuade a Neurologist to arrange for Oncologists to oversee the high dose Cyclophosphamide treatment. It can be given off label. You have to find someone who is receptive, that’s the difficult part. But it is entirely legal/possible and, given the right Neurologist, likely that you will not be denied treatment.

5. Mister D Says:
    October 21st, 2008 at 4:16 pm

hi Chris & company! nice news from you Lucas!!!I did not talk about revimmune to the girl i loves (bt unforntunately she is a “sad married” woman) that has MS,but for all i have reads i thing revimmune have a lot to give to the world, and now i know is legal recieved revimune if you find a neurologist thaat is ok with the idea,i am going to star to do all i can to find that brave neurologis. good weeks to alls and thanks agains Crhis-Lucas &all

6. Keri Says:
    October 24th, 2008 at 12:33 am

Chris – how about a HAPPY story –
    I was standing in my kitchen the other day and I literally realized that I often forget that I have MS! All thanks to you. Consider that saving a village in Africa, if you will!! Take a break and rest – you deserve it. You don’t always have to be the town crier, ya know? :) Again, many many thanks to you. (oh, not sure if you read my update on Thisisms – but my 3 month MRI showed that I had IMPROVEMENT on my previous lesions! Yippy)

7. Mary Says:
    October 24th, 2008 at 7:32 am

Dear Chris, I was just made aware of your blog yesterday and have found it totally inspiring. My son starts Hi Cy Tues the 28th @ JH and I have learned more from your sight than the dr’s but talked to Ms Tony this morning who also spoke well of your recovery and got more info. I hope my son Jeff does as well as you and Brett and look forward to his cure as well. My prayers are with you to keep plugging along. I’ll visit your sight often to follow you progress.

8. Ally Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 10:10 am

Obama!! He stands behind stem cell research. this is what I have been waiting for. There is hope for us all now.