« Tomorrow we’re back on our way to Baltimore! | New MRI pics to compare »

Just back from appt @ JH
June 18th, 2008 by Chenell

They managed to move us up to 1pm because of a cancellation so we jumped on it.

This is Chenell typing what Chris wants to say…

I am having to have my wife write this right now because I am a bit emotional. I will do a post on my own at a later time.

(as I type Chris is crying happy tears)

To all my friends, family, and everyone who has put up with me the last 20 years: I am sorry, it wasn’t really me (maybe). I have had stuff in my brain and I appologize. To all of you who have stuck with me and are still there: I am proud to announce to all of you that my MRI shows no new activity, no enhancing lesions, and a couple of existing lesions have started to shrink.

I/We won! We beat this bitch! If you guys don’t mind now I am going to concentrate on getting better. I no longer think of myself as sick, I am officially on the mend! Thanks, folks but if you are looking for any gloom around here you’ll have to go read the blogs of people on the CRAB drugs.

Chenell here, again. Dr. Kerr and Dr. Hammond both love the shirt and want some to give out to the patients’. Dr. Kerr got in to a little more of the history of HiCy which was interesting but we’ll go into that more later on. They were both thrilled (and maybe amazed?) to see how well Chris is doing in such a short time. They said his future is bright and the sky is the limit on just how well he’ll be doing in another 3 months and in the future. We promised Dr. Kerr before and after video of Chris to use in his lectures.

We are on our way home (tonight, actually) and the story of the whole actual trip is an event in itself to be discussed later.

We are so happy we are crying!! It’s a prayer answered for sure!! Well, many, many prayers not just one.
Chenell

10 Responses to “Just back from appt @ JH”
  1. Iain Says:
    June 18th, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Let me be the first to congratulate you. So many people are following your story – positive news gives us all hope.

2. Jamie Says:
    June 18th, 2008 at 6:14 pm

100% f***ing awesome.

Mel’s follow up is early August.

She’s doing great, I’m going to update the blog soon I promise!!

I have a month of work to catch up with.

Great, great news for you – I expect similar result from Mel.

Since about 4 days after the chemo she’s pooped every day with one day missed.

When I think back to her writhing in agony, tube up her behind, full of laxatives just to get some relief from the belly ache I think of hicy and smile.

She didn’t poop for 3 weeks. Can you imagine what that feels like?!

Injection site reactions from Copaxone are quite bad for her but the Copaxone isn’t being taken in futile hope of slowing the disease it’s being taken to PREVENT REACTIVATION and that makes a big psychological difference.

Can’t wait to see her MRI. She’s exhibiting zero MS symptoms for the first time since diagnosis.

3. Kathy Says:
    June 18th, 2008 at 8:20 pm

WOW Chris , just wonderful!

Kathy

4. Sharon Says:
    June 19th, 2008 at 6:57 am

Bless you, Chris! You have been an inspiration for many – thank you for sharing your tears of joy.

5. Jan Jongbloed Says:
    June 19th, 2008 at 7:19 am

Dear Chris (and relatives because MS is something you can’t keep for yourself…)

I am very glad for you, although my gladness contains some well understood self interest. I monitored your experiences since some time anxiously and it is very promising and encouraging both for you and for other MS-patients, that the treatment you went through, definately is bearing (sweet) fruits. Please, keep us informed about your further recovery and experiences. Your astonishing positive development symbolizes hope and provides strenght to many people with a by MS clouded horizon. Lots of people are more or less desperately hoping to regain the joy and happiness that you also missed for such a long time. I’ll drink a ferm one on your luck and further progress!

Best wishes from Holland,

Jan

6. Dee Says:
    June 19th, 2008 at 8:34 am

I am delighted for you and Chenell – you must have been light-headed with the great results. Thank you so much for keeping us all informed each step of the way.

7. Marilyn Peacher Says:
    June 19th, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Chris and Chenelle I was crying right along with you both. This is such wonderful news. I knew it would work. Now I can’t see to type! just wonderful. Just shows prayers and medicine go hand in hand.

8. Nadja Tizer Says:
    June 20th, 2008 at 2:12 pm

I am very happy for you all. No matter, what the future holds, hang in there and if the positive effects don’t hold long term, hang in there still. Life is sweet, even with all the bumps!

9. KAREN Says:
    June 24th, 2008 at 6:53 am

Chris, congratulations… I just sent my husbands medical records to John Hopkins last week… waiting to hear from them.
    SO EXCITING!…

10. Barb Says:
    June 25th, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being pioneers (you and Chenell) in this treatment! I am getting the pre testing done and will be going in a week or two. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all of the info! Your website is awesome and I’m so excited for you both. God is Great!