« Day 24, more blood tests | Who died from HiCy??????????? »

OK IT’S ME CHRIS… listen up!!
April 14th, 2008 by Chris

Wow what a 30 days… er daze.

In my opinion the HiCy has been a lifesaver. I’m going to list some things that have changed in my life in the last month.

– I no longer wake up with numb arms

– I used to take 80 mg of Lorisol / Baclofen a day. Depending on my activity level I am at 20-30mg a day now. 2 weeks ago it was 40-60mg a day.

– Holy smokes has the spasticity let up. The knots in my Calves are gone, I can reach my back with my right arm(couldn’t before) and I can sit Indian style on floor without falling over. The clonus is there but now it at least stops. Before it wouldn’t.

– Balance is coming back. I can stand on one leg and balance myself for short periods of time where before I would fall over. I can close my eyes, lean way back, and it doesn’t cause me to fall over anymore. I can close my eyes with my feet together and stand that way indefinitely. March 12th I tried that and I was a falling tree.

– I can walk in grass again. I can walk again. The pic of me ad Dr. Brodsky is the only standing pic of me for a reason. I couldn’t even stand up well at all. I’m now going for small walks again.

– The dexterity in my right arm is coming back. I will probably grab my guitar in the next month because it’s about time. I can stir things I’m cooking without fatigue affecting my arm muscles.

– I am cooking again. I enjoy food again. I went grocery shopping for the first time last Monday in 2 years.

– My MS related fatigue is gone. I get tired from working out three times a day but it is not MS fatigue.

– I can think clearly. No more space outs. I am able to remember a list without paper. I remember details from my life I had completely forgotten. I used to take 2, 1-2 hour naps a day and I have not needed one since the HiCy.

– I just don’t feel as mad anymore.

So this is what I have noticed. My wife may have noticed more. I have stayed true to myself and have not looked much except for the well wishers comments. You well wishers rock and I thank you!

Oh- to you doubting Thomas’s…… get bent!!

For 4 years I have gotten worse every day. For one moth i have gotten better everyday. Do the math.

The lesions are no longer active. I feel it. On March 18th I woke up clearer than I have been since I was 8 with a 104 degree fever. If I had to pick a day MS started I would say it was then. Just because of the clarity I have now. I don’t remember feeling like this except before then. THIS IS ME NOT YOU LOL!!

Steve Tobaccan who is another HiCy’er from Virginia gave me some numbers when I was at JH. 100 treated and all getting better.

I had MS folks. I HAD it. It never once had me. For those of you who do not have that outlook no amount of HiCy will help. I’m in remission or cured for the first time in 15 years and if you don’t understand that screw you! I told you all before, there is only good positive things here. What’s more positive than giving hope?

It’s funny that I got yelled at for changing the website name by someone with MS. It wasn’t one of the doctors who treated me or the doctors following this site. A MS patient has that little hope!

Be happy folks… I firmly believe this cruddy disease is just letting out it’s death rattle. La la la la la lie…. (reference to a great song).

JH is opening more beds to treat people.

JH is the head monkey so monkey see monkey do. Watch the next year around this country and see the HiCy availability shoot through the roof for an off label, insurance covered option. My prediction.

I may start to say hi once a month or every couple of weeks here. I got nothing to say except my anemia must be gone because I am not tired. I do Yoga, 2 weight work outs and go for a small walk. Aside from being tired like I worked out, 1/2 hour later I’m fine. My wife is still the best to post.

Check out the video. No way in hell a month ago. No way.

Talk to you soon

-Chris

13 Responses to “OK IT’S ME CHRIS… listen up!!”
  1. Jamie Says:
    April 14th, 2008 at 11:59 am

Wow.

Thanks so much for this update. I personally LOVE the website rebrand!

Just the brain fog and fatigue being lifted even if you don’t factor in the physical improvements must be a revelation for you.

Have you started on Copaxone yet?

2. pvns2005 Says:
    April 14th, 2008 at 6:06 pm

Rite on Brother….

Taladega here we come…

Chris S.

3. dede Says:
    April 14th, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Chris,

WOW! I am thrilled for you. I have very mild ms for almost 20 years now but it is a comfort to know that there are options for the future if I require them.

Please keep posting.

4. MaggieMae Says:
    April 15th, 2008 at 6:58 am

I knew it. I knew you were going to get better. I’m so happy for you. This is one of the most important things you must do in your life. Let others know there is hope and where to find it.

5. Sharon Says:
    April 15th, 2008 at 9:53 am

Way to go Chris! Welcome back to Denver – it is great seeing you walking and enjoying the great weather we are having. You are an inspiration to so many others.

6. NasPass Says:
    April 15th, 2008 at 9:57 am

Great Job – Great Spirit – Great Outcomes! I am so happy for you. You have no idea how many silent readers you are impacting.

Thanks to both you and your wife for the tireless effort you.

7. Mike T Says:
    April 15th, 2008 at 11:13 am

Chris-you are the man!!! Really happy for you..is the treatement you went on the same as Revimmune being tested by a company called Accentia in FL?

thanks Dude
    mike

8. Cheerleader Says:
    April 15th, 2008 at 5:51 pm

Your dreams are coming true, Chris.
    Seeing you outside, on the springtime grass, with your dog running around- just made me smile.

Prayers continue to fly your way. Thanks to Chenelle for keeping us updated.

9. Jamie Says:
    April 15th, 2008 at 6:10 pm

Hey mate,

Everything is sorted, Mel starts her treatment a week tomorrow!!!

Just losing the fatigue is her main goal!

For some reason my comments have stopped appearing here – am I banned??!

Jamie.

10. Melissa Says:
    April 15th, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Thanks for the update! I’ve had MS for the past three years and have been following your journey. I’m glad you’re feeling better!

11. Sandon Says:
    April 16th, 2008 at 7:12 am

Good for you man, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I got a couple of questions ?

Did u have any encancing lesions right before treatmeant ?

On a pain scale how intense was treatment ?

sandon

12. Chris Says:
    April 16th, 2008 at 8:35 am

Read the blog! Typed it all once!

Pics too!

13. Sam & Trevor Says:
    April 17th, 2008 at 5:00 pm

We are so happy for you guys! Keep up the good work!