« Chris wants you to know | Today we met Dr. Brodsky »

We’re Here
March 10th, 2008 by Chenell

We made it safely to Baltimore this afternoon.

I am a little disappointed in our room. The fridge is kind of small, and there isn’t an oven, just a range. Plus I have like 3 or 4 dishes and two pots and no knives… how am I supposed to cook under these conditions? :P I think I will call the front desk and see if I can’t get some more dishes and cookware. The bathroom isn’t very handicapped friendly, but we’ll deal with it. Chris won’t b able to hook up his Playstation, these TVs do not have any component jacks. The person at the front desk said they’d get us something, but I haven’t heard anything yet. Otherwise, the room (suite I should say) is nice.
Chris’ fist appointment is on Wednesday and the Thursday he will be admitted to the hospital to have the central line installed and to start the Hi-Cy treatment.

Tomorrow I am off to the grocery store to do some food shopping and then maybe we’ll catch a nice dinner before Chris is feeling ill and has to be quarantined.

Anyway, I need to go and figure something out for supper.

More to come!

Chenell

6 Responses to “We’re Here”
  1. pvns2005 Says:
    March 10th, 2008 at 10:25 pm

Chenell, Give my best to Chris. I will be keeping am eye on this blog for updates. “MS BE GONE”… Ha!

Chris S.

2. Kristina Says:
    March 11th, 2008 at 6:29 pm

You go Chris! You are a hero!

I think I am soon to follow – I have been praying for a cure for the last 14 years.

No guts no glory – too infinity and beyond!

3. Carmelia Says:
    March 12th, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Good to see you guys made it there alright.

I suggest you pick up a toaster oven as a makeshift oven.

Hugz!

4. sue Says:
    June 9th, 2008 at 4:30 pm

hi,my name is sue. live in illinois. been diagnoed since june of 2005. it came on fast and severe also. like you said being 37 and disabled. in july of 2005, i had cytoxan, it did get me back on my feet. my neurologist at northwestern hospital said the only think keeping me from walking without the walker is your spacticity,so you should look into the baclofen pump. well i did it. and it back-fired. basically from my waist down did not work. and as of today it still does not work but i do have the walk-aide and my legs are getting stronger and or the tone is better. i’m going to see a new neurologist about trying tysabri. thanks for having your website.

5. Jane Says:
    June 10th, 2008 at 11:22 am

Sue, I had the test for the pump yesterday and I couldn’t move from the waist down either! Would like to talk more to you… Jane

6. Marianne M. Says:
    October 13th, 2008 at 6:33 pm

Dear Chenell,

My husband is a good candidate for the Hi-cy treatment and is going to see Dr. Kerr at the end of this month and then they will decide if he will get the hi-dose treatment. He already has had two low dose treatments here at home in Pittsburgh but we will most likely go to baltimore for the final hi-dose treatment. Where did you stay? How did you keep sane through-out the whole ordeal? Were you by yourself while he was hospitalized? Looking forward to any advise you can give. Sincerely,
    Marianne M.
    PS. Thank you for posting all this info. It gives us hope!!